Reports to: PROJECT & OPERATIONS MANAGER | Department: PROJECT SERVICES
► Position Overview
The Technical Illustrator establishes 3D design standards and executes 3D models and Technical Illustrations within SolidWorks software. Provides 3D designs in support of multiple areas: Shop Drawings to advise contractors for installation of our systems, Architectural Specifications for the Sales team, Standard Product Designs for Customer Service; and ad hoc Designs for Marketing and Sales. Coordinates design project activities through various department functions to ensure completion in accordance to due dates.
► Specific Responsibilities
- Update & maintain existing SolidWorks part models, assembly models & drawings
- Complete SolidWorks drawings & documentation for newly designed products
- Develop SolidWorks part models, assembly models & drawings for production & test-related fixtures
- Develop Shop Drawings
- Maintain Engineering Change Order (ECO) process & documents, including initiating & finalizing ECOs & documentation
- Assist in maintaining stock codes & BOMs as needed
- Assist engineering team with design & research projects as needed
- Assist in documenting CAD design processes
- Maintain design-related documentation using Microsoft Office software
- Provide sales and marketing design support as needed.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in CAD Design. Solidworks experience preferred.
- Understanding of technical drawing requirements of General Contractors for installation.
- Communication Skills – Clearly communicate ideas and information to team members, co-workers, management, customers and vendors through excellent written and verbal communication.
- Time Management Skills – The ability to fully complete tasks accurately in an efficient amount of time whether working alone or with other team members
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize the day to day responsibilities and services.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook. Proficient in MAS and shipping programs.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for its root causes and develop effective solutions to rectify the problem.
- Organizational Skills – Demonstrate the ability to maintain a clean and orderly warehouse and production facility by keeping all production areas and warehouse aisles orderly, clean and uncluttered
► Successful candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities…
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained the skill levels listed below:
Competitive package including salary, bonus eligibility, and benefits.
(Last revision: 7/14/21)