SweetSpot Field Tamp
This ground tamper is ergonomically designed to make things just plain easier on your body. We added 5-1/2″ inches to the handle to help out our taller groundskeepers and landscapers. And, with interchangeable, articulating tamp heads the lightweight Sweet Spot creates a damping effect that not only gives you an effective blow each time, but it’s just easier to use with reduced or no vibration. Select from four tamp head sizes — or buy all four.
Interchangeable tamp heads give you exactly what you want in a ground tamper. With four head sizes you can zero in on the combination of coverage and force to meet the job at hand. With all conditions being equal and the same amount of force applied, the resulting pounds-per-square-inch pressure increases as the plate size gets smaller. For example, the 8×8 head delivers 1.6 times the compaction force of the 10×10. The 6×6 head delivers nearly three times the force of the 10×10, while the 4×6 delivers more than a whopping 4 times the force of the 10×10. As you can see, the smaller the head the less work required when compacting clay.
- Four interchangeable tamp heads available (4×6, 6×6, 8×8, 10×10)
- Efficient articulating tamp head self-adjusts to slope (see illustration)
- Innovative damping effect reduces or eliminates vibration throughout the foam grip handle
- Lightweight design is roughly 30% lighter than the typical traditional steel tamp (see comparison)
- Dual use – This tamp is great for ballfield groundskeepers as well as landscapers