Reports to: Vice President | Department: PROJECT SERVICES
► Position Overview
The Manager – Project Services Group is responsible for leading and executing all tasks associated with design and project delivery of custom projects to achieve the company’s financial goals for this division. This is a player-coach role that will require leading others, creating and managing processes, and directly managing projects. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Providing and achieving monthly forecasts that align with company goals, completing monthly project updates on large projects in process, providing design support to Project Manager and Sales Team during the sales process, review project quotes, manage relationships with subcontractors – including requesting and obtaining quotes, completing all required paperwork and overseeing installation process to completion, work with engineers to finalize project specifications, lead CAD design for Shop Drawings, oversee project delivery schedule – including purchase orders, delivery and invoicing, putting processes in place to assure systems are implemented to acceptable quality standards and managing workflow of custom builds to be completed in warehouse by coordinating with Warehouse Supervisor.
► Specific Responsibilities
- Project Management. Execute delivery and installation of completed sales orders (projects). This responsibility is fulfilled by effectively leading the Project Services Team to provide necessary CAD drawings, documentation, communication, coordination between customers and suppliers, including, but not limited to, engineering reports, purchase orders, invoices and close-out documentation, and internal communication regarding margin expectations and results and communicating status and projected invoicing to leadership. This also includes oversight and management of all customer, subcontractor, and vendor agreements verifying that appropriate documents are completed and filed, ensuring any and all compliance aspects are met, and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of customer billings.
- Design and Drawing. Effectively manage a workflow with Project Services Managers, Technical Illustrators and Administrative Assistants to provide technical advice, design and engineering advice and CAD (SolidWorks) drawing support in the consultative sales process.
- Risk Management Responsible for mitigating risk by effectively managing all aspects of Beacon Construction – includes oversight and management of subcontractor agreement, any project specific documents or insurance requirements, job site safety and ensuring complete installations to our quality standards and on agreed upon timelines.
- Department Growth and Development Provide direction and training to staff to enable rapid growth. Evaluate and implement quality control best practices and any other technical process that will improve delivery effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in warehouse and project services areas.
- Assist all areas of Beacon Athletics to improve the Beacon experience. Assist other departments and employees to aid in process improvement and an overall experience that exceeds expectations.
► Successful candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities…
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained the skill levels listed below:
- A proven Leader – Has a proven track record of leadership in a project management environment – a person others want to follow.
- Successful track record of project management.
- Successful track record with CAD design (SolidWorks preferred).
- Understanding and ability to effectively manage construction contracts, documentation and processes.
- Driven to succeed – Has a strong personal sense of urgency and is driven to consistently exceed expectations.
- Competency and understanding of engineering and design aesthetics.
- Communication Skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication to customers and all areas of the Company.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to plan and execute projects in a timely manner.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment.
- Microsoft Office Applications – Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve customer needs, the Sales Department, and all areas of the Company.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
Competitive package including salary, bonus eligibility, and benefits.
(Last revision: 1/26/22)