Reports to: National Sales Manager | Department: National Sales
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You have about three years’ of sales experience and understanding of athletic sports and field maintenance, with emphasis on the sport of baseball/softball. Previous relationships with field architects, builders or contractors desired.
- Proven track record of selling national/key accounts and cultivating and managing customer relationships.
- Driven to succeed in quota-based sales. Have a strong personal sense of urgency and driven to consistently exceed expectations. Ability to balance analytical knowledge with interpersonal interactions.
- Strong Business Acumen – Understand components of margin and manage to maximize profitability and ability to learn and navigate ERP and CRM systems.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Able to travel – overnight travel up to 50% (estimate).
► Position Overview
The Territory Manager is responsible for achievement of revenue and margin targets in an assigned region. Working closely with a Business Development Representative, Inside Sales Associate/Estimator, Project Manager and the National Sales Manager it is the responsibility of this individual to represent Beacon Athletics as the authority for all ballfield project needs in the region.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Identify key decision makers and develop relationships that facilitate building strong relationships with architects, contractors, field builders, athletic directors, Park and Recreation directors and coaches
- Establish and maintain a network of industry contacts in assigned region that can act as a resource to yourself and your customers regarding designing, building, or maintaining of complexes or fields
- Manage pipeline and follow up activities with Sales Assistant to ensure opportunities are prioritized properly and volume/close rate are sufficient to achieve regional financial targets
- Leads Fact Finding calls with all qualified leads to include Sales Assistant/Estimator to fully understand scope of customer projects
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations on a weekly basis to end users on specific projects or to architects and contractors in region
- Assess market conditions and impact on individual companies to identify products and services that can be translated into new business opportunities.
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 7/18/22)