Reports to: Director, Supply Chain | Department: PURCHASING
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained these skill levels:
- Experience – 10 to 15 years of experience at minimum.
- Planning/Organization – Highly organized and efficient. Have a strong personal sense ofurgency and drive to consistently exceed expectations and meet deadlines.
- Communication – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellentwritten and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in anunpredictable, fast-paced environment. Work well independently. Project managementtraining is a plus.
- Technology – Demonstrate the ability to learn and navigate sophisticated ERP systems andperform advanced functions in Microsoft Office Applications. Sage 100 and planningsoftware experience preferred.
- Problem Solving – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and developeffective solutions.
- Systems Implementation and Change – Experience developing the required reporting andworking with planning software. Able to provide examples of successful experiences in thepurchasing and inventory planning function and process/systems improvements.
- Leadership – Experience in inspiring, leading, developing and building a team of supplychain professionals.
► Position Overview
The Purchasing Manager establishes stocking requirements of parts and finished goods inventory based on sales projections; places purchase requisitions; performs price negotiations with vendors; manages vendor relationships; expedites and facilitates communication and processes between purchasing, production, sales and accounting staff; reviews inventories to ensure optimal turnover rate and in-stock levels; coordinates physical inventories; reviews and maintains bill of materials for manufactured products; provides guidance on commercial and ground freight processes and performance; and participates in company strategic planning and execution as requested.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Inventory planning and administration: Perform future period planning of inventory needs. Collaboration with warehouse team to coordinate production efforts with purchasing. Analyze historical and projected sales levels to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained. Assess backorders, overstock, open box inventory and provide recommendations. 40%
- Purchasing: Develop and maintain vendor relationships and supply sources. Manage the cost-effective procurement of materials, products, supplies, equipment, and services to maintain adequate inventory supplies for production schedules and sales estimates. Issue and monitor purchase orders and delivery dates. 20%
- Production: Provide direct and in direct support to production activities in the manufacturing operations warehouse. Work with warehouse manager to establish production goals. 10%
- Recordkeeping and system integrity: Ensure the integrity and functionality of inventory and manufacturing processes through Sage 100 bill of materials, inventory, and purchasing modules. Maintain bill of materials and item detail in ERP. Provide support and technical expertise to all departments for inventory-related ERP system processes. Oversee daily inventory control processes to monitor and verify inventory accuracy through system reports and physical inventories. 30%
- General: Manage day-to-day relationships through effective personal communication and delegation to various areas within the organization when appropriate. Identify andimplement improvements in inventory planning and purchasing processes and software. Other duties as assigned.
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 10/25/22)