Reports to: Project Services Team Manager | Department: PROJECT SERVICES
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You have a successful track record of project management.
- Working knowledge of CAD design (SolidWorks preferred).
- Driven to succeed – Has a strong personal sense of urgency and is driven to consistently exceed expectations.
- Competency and understanding of engineering and design aesthetics.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to plan and execute projects in a timely manner.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
► Position Overview
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of all Beacon Athletics and Beacon Athletics Construction projects assigned to them. To successfully do this the Project Manager will provide design support during the sales process, review project quotes, work with engineers to finalize project specifications, coordinate with technical illustrators to complete necessary shop drawings, oversee project delivery and install by working with end users, installers, Warehouse Supervisor and Administrative Specialist to coordinate purchase orders, pre-assembly, delivery, invoicing and all applicable documentation.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Provide technical advice, design and engineering advice and technical drawing support, as needed in the consultative sales process.
- Create project Gannt charts for large projects that require shop drawings, engineering and product deliveries that are shipped in stages and manage all parties involved to meet required deadlines to maintain an on schedule completion.
- Execute delivery and installation of completed project sales orders as assigned. Communicate frequently with third parties involved in project including engineers, custom manufacturers and installers to ensure clarity on requirements, process and timing of all applicable tasks. Visit sites as required to work with subcontractors or end user provided installers to review proper installation of the project.
- Communicate frequently with everyone involved in a project internally.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with our vendors to allow for ease of ordering and open communication as it pertains to lead times and coordinating of shipments.
- Establish proper contacts with our installation partners to ensure quality of installations and maintain an effective working relationship for future projects.
- Work with team upon completion of project installations to compile all project documents, such as shop drawings, product specifications, lien wavers and any other required documents for delivery to the customer as a resource package for future questions.
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 7/29/22)