Reports to: Vice President | Department: SALES
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a National Sales Management role.
- Strong Business Acumen – An understanding of how decisions impact all areas of the business including a strong ability to assess required investments and ROI
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Ability to effectively coach and develop talent in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to delegate effectively, setting clear expectations and deadlines and holding team members accountable
- Technical Competency – Ability to navigate various systems and understand appropriate technology to meet business needs
- Customer minded – Ability to view a situation from a customer perspective and make decisions that will provide a suitable result for both the customer and the business.
- Understands all financial components to drive overall company profitability
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Availability to travel as needed – Approx. 50%
► Position Overview
The National Sales Manager is responsible for the direction and achievement of sales results for Beacon Athletics and AerFlo Sports. This individual will be the develop, implement and manage the strategic sales plan for both brands in the Beacon family while playing a key role in fostering prospect and customer relationships as well as network of key industry partners and building a bench for future Beacon Athletics and AerFlo Sports employees.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Lead all sales team members at Beacon Athletics and AerFlo sports to achieve, or exceed, overall company sales objectives
- Direct National Sales activity including prospecting, pipeline management, selling techniques, travel, tradeshows and sales order goals
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Travels frequently into various markets, both with Territory Managers and independently, to build and maintain strong relationships with customers and industry partners
- Identifies and plans for strategic growth including but not limited to; new markets, new customer acquisition and growth of existing customers
- Build and maintain a network of industry contacts to create a future hiring pipeline for various roles
- Assist in setting departmental budgets for Sales including personnel, equipment, tradeshows, travel and any other sales related expenses
- Participates in industry events representing Beacon Athletics and Aer-Flo Sports
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 7/29/22)