Reports to: Vice President | Department: PROJECT SERVICES
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You are a proven Leader who has a proven track record of leadership in a project management environment.
- Successful track record of project management.
- Successful track record with CAD design (SolidWorks preferred).
- Understanding and ability to effectively manage construction contracts, documentation and processes.
- Driven to succeed – Has a strong personal sense of urgency and is driven to consistently exceed expectations.
- Competency and understanding of engineering and design aesthetics.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
► Position Overview
The Manager – Project Services Group is responsible for leading and executing all tasks associated with design and project delivery of custom projects to achieve the company’s financial goals for this division. This is a player-coach role that will require leading others, creating and managing processes, and directly managing projects. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Providing and achieving monthly forecasts that align with company goals, completing monthly project updates on large projects in process, providing design support to Project Manager and Sales Team during the sales process, review project quotes, manage relationships with subcontractors – including requesting and obtaining quotes, completing all required paperwork and overseeing installation process to completion, work with engineers to finalize project specifications, lead CAD design for Shop Drawings, oversee project delivery schedule – including purchase orders, delivery and invoicing, putting processes in place to assure systems are implemented to acceptable quality standards and managing workflow of custom builds to be completed in warehouse by coordinating with Warehouse Supervisor.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Execute delivery and installation of completed sales orders (projects)by leading the Project Services Team to provide necessary CAD drawings, documentation, communication, coordination between customers and suppliers, including, but not limited to, engineering reports, purchase orders, invoices and close-out documentation, and internal communication regarding margin expectations and results and communicating status and projected invoicing to leadership.
- Effectively manage a workflow with Project Services Managers, Technical Illustrators and Administrative Assistants to provide technical advice, design and engineering advice and CAD (SolidWorks) drawing support in the consultative sales process
- Responsible for mitigating risk by effectively managing all aspects of Beacon Construction – Includes oversight and management of subcontractor agreement, any project specific documents or insurance requirements, job site safety and ensuring complete installations to our quality standards and on agreed upon timelines.
- Provide direction and training to staff to enable rapid growth. Evaluate and implement quality control best practices and any other technical process that will improve delivery effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in warehouse and project services areas.
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 7/29/22)