Reports to: Sales Manager | Department: NATIONAL SALES
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You have inbound or outbound call center experience
- You have at least one (1) year of experience in reading bid documents along with bid specifications
- Ability to view a situation from a customer perspective and make decisions that will provide a suitable result for both the customer and the business.
- Highly organized and efficient; capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand components of margin and manage to maximize profitability.
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve both customer and internal team member needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
► Position Overview
The Sales Development/Estimator is responsible for effectively qualifying and distributing all inbound project leads as well as being the main estimator for all bid received. Responsibilities include building relationships with architects/contractors in a lead generation role to help meet sales objectives.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Qualifies inbound project requests by contacting customers in a timely manner to fully understand scope, budget and timeline for their projects
- Qualifies bid opportunities and opens appropriate folders internally to track progress and file information on bids we will participate in
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email with high attention to detail and accurately tracking in CRM
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, specifications, and other documents from customers
- Obtains quotes from suppliers and contractors in required timeframes
- Assemble all bid documents and quotes to be submitted and reviews with sales rep prior to deadlines
- Read architectural plans and drawing to understand the overall project scope
- Present detailed project and bid information to individual sales reps frequently
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 8/15/22)