Reports to: Sales Manager | Department: DIRECT SALES
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You have call center or inside sales experience and an understanding of athletic sports and field maintenance, with emphasis on the sport of baseball/softball.
- Highly organized and efficient; capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve both customer and internal team member needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
► Position Overview
The Direct Sales Representative is the first point of contact for customers reaching out to Beacon Athletics. It is the goal of this person to provide all customers with exceptional service including providing information on products, quote and order entry, resolution of issues and any other customer request.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Responds to inbound customer requests via phone, email and chat to provide quality and timely responses
- Works effectively internally to identify solutions for customers, present all options and fulfill customers needs to their satisfaction
- Helps customers with product selection and “how to” questions pertaining to our tools and facility maintenance
- Accurately and completely enters all data pertaining to customer contact information, account contacts for Accounts Payable, shipping and billing addresses and order entry
- Is diligent about documentation of customer and vendor communication to ensure accurate metrics and customer satisfaction
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 8/11/22)