Reports to: VICE PRESIDENT | Department: DIRECT SALES
► Position Overview
The Customer Service Manger is responsible for effectively managing a team, and the systems, that delivers exceptional customer experience. By effectively identifying and utilizing tools and systems to manage information as it pertains to customer needs and the teams responsiveness to those needs the Customer Service Manager is responsible for overall customer satisfaction. This role manages Customer Service Representatives, Customer Service/Sales Administrator and the daily Key Performance Indicators that lead to Customer Satisfaction.
► Specific Responsibilities
- Manage all day to day activities performed by Customer Service/Direct Sales Group including workflow management of customer requests via phone, email and online chat to ensure customers get timely responses.
- Identifies and manages Key Performance Indicators, KPIs to identify capacity and manage staffing levels appropriately throughout the year.
- Hires, trains and gives daily coaching to team to ensure Customer needs and KPI’s are consistently met.
- Effectively communicates business trends and needs to Senior Leadership.
- Acts as the resident expert in ERP and CRM as it pertains to successfully meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Utilizes system and works effectively with team to provide quality and timely proposals and quotes verbal and written upon customer request.
- Ensures the customer’s voice is present in every decision.
- Leverages customer and market research to identify product opportunities.
- Handles elevated customer service issues and challenges by effectively working with team members, Beacon Leadership Team, departmental leaders and the customer providing customers with positive solutions in a timely manner that will maintain customer loyalty.
- Works closely with National Sales Team to effectively pass opportunities to Regional Account Executives when project business is identified.
- Participates in Industry events and Trade Shows on occasion to educate self of industry trends and to continue to understand customer needs in the marketplace.
► Successful candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities…
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained the skill levels listed below:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in customer service or sales with experience managing others.
- Technical Competency – Minimum of five (5) years experience in day to day use and reporting of ERP systems related to order entry, customer accounts, and Customer Relationship Management.
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Ability to effectively coach and develop talent in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer minded – Ability to view a situation from a customer perspective and make decisions that will provide a suitable result for both the customer and the business.
- Highly organized and efficient; capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand components of margin and manage to maximize profitability.
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve both customer and internal team member needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Microsoft Office Applications – Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Competitive package including salary, bonus and insurance.
(Last revision: 9/24/21)