Reports to: General Manager | Department: Operations
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in customer service or sales with experience managing others.
- Technical Competency – Minimum of five (5) years experience in day to day use and reporting of ERP systems related to order entry, customer accounts, and Customer Relationship Management.
- Experience with and working understanding of manufacturing processes and Bills of Materials.
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Ability to effectively coach and develop talent in a fast-paced environment
- Customer minded – Ability to view a situation from a customer perspective and make decisions that will provide a suitable result for both the customer and the business.
- Highly organized and efficient; capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand components of margin and manage to maximize profitability.
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve both customer and internal team member needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Microsoft Office Applications – Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
► Position Overview
The Customer Experience Manger is responsible for effectively managing a team, and the systems, that delivers exceptional customer experience. By effectively identifying and utilizing tools and systems to manage information as it pertains to customer needs and the teams responsiveness to those needs the Customer Experience Manager is responsible for overall customer satisfaction. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead a team that will set the industry standard for Customer Experience with Beacon Athletics and AER-FLO Sports!
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Manage all day to day activities performed by Customer Service/Direct Sales Group including workflow management of customer requests via phone, email and online chat to ensure customers get timely responses.
- Identifies and manages Key Performance Indicators, KPIs to identify capacity and manage staffing levels appropriately throughout the year.
- Hires, trains and gives daily coaching to team to ensure Customer needs and KPI’s are consistently met.
- Identify and implement tools and software to manage workflow and daily activities that are critical in achieving customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate business trends and needs to Senior Leadership.
- Communicates frequently across the business including marketing, product management and operations to properly address customer needs through various forms of communication.
- Acts as the resident expert in ERP and CRM as it pertains to successfully meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Utilizes system and works effectively with team to provide quality and timely proposals and quotes verbal and written upon customer request.
- Ensures the customer’s voice is present in every decision.
- Handle elevated customer service issues and challenges by effectively working with team members, Beacon Leadership Team, departmental leaders and the customer providing customers with positive solutions in a timely manner that will maintain customer loyalty.
- Works closely with Sales Teams to effectively pass opportunities to Inside Sales Reps and Territory Managers when project business is identified.
- Participates in Industry events and Trade Shows on occasion to educate self of industry trends and to continue to understand customer needs in the marketplace.
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 6/1/23)