Reports to: Director, Supply Chain | Department: PURCHASING
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained these skill levels:
- Experience – One to three years of experience at minimum.
- Planning/Organization – Highly organized and efficient. Have a strong personal sense of urgency and drive to consistently exceed expectations and meet deadlines.
- Communication – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable, fast-paced environment. Work well independently. Project management training is a plus.
- Technology – Demonstrate the ability to learn and navigate sophisticated ERP systems and perform advanced functions in Microsoft Office Applications. Sage 100 and planning software experience preferred.
- Problem Solving – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions.
- Systems Implementation and Change – Experience developing the required reporting and working with planning software. Able to provide examples of successful experiences in the purchasing and inventory planning function and process/systems improvements.
► Position Overview
The Buyer/Planner assistant, under the guidance of management, monitors stocking requirements of parts and finished goods inventory; places purchase requisitions; performs price negotiations with vendors; manages vendor relationships; expedites and facilitates communication and processes between purchasing, production, sales and accounting staff; reviews inventories to ensure optimal turnover rate and in-stock levels; coordinates physical inventories; reviews and maintains bill of materials for manufactured products; and participates in commercial and ground freight processes.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Purchasing: Maintain vendor relationships and supply sources. Monitor the cost-effectiveprocurement of materials, products, supplies, equipment, and services to maintain adequateinventory supplies for production schedules and sales estimates. Issue and monitor purchaseorders and delivery dates. 60%
- Recordkeeping and system integrity: Ensure the integrity and functionality of inventory andmanufacturing processes through Sage100 bill of materials, inventory, and purchasingmodules. Maintain bill of materials and item detail in ERP. Provide support and technicalexpertise to all departments for inventory-related ERP system processes. Oversee dailyinventory control processes to monitor and verify inventory accuracy through system reportsand physical inventories. 20%
- Inventory planning and administration: Perform future period planning of inventory needs.Collaboration with warehouse team to coordinate production efforts with purchasing.
- Production: Provide direct and indirect support to production activities in the manufacturing operations warehouse. Work with warehouse manager to establish production goals. 10%
- General: Manage day-to-day relationships through effective personal communication and delegation to various areas within the organization when appropriate. Identify and implement improvements in inventory planning and purchasing processes and software. Other duties as assigned.
Analyze historical and projected sales levels to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained. Assess backorders, overstock, open box inventory and provide recommendations. 10%
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 10/25/22)