Reports to: Sales Manager | Department: Sales
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
- You have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in inbound or outbound sales
- Highly organized and efficient; capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve both customer and internal team member needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Microsoft Office Applications – Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
► Position Overview
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for producing qualified leads by prospecting and following up on incoming requests. This individual will work closely with other internal stakeholders to create new project opportunities in an assigned geographic territory.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Generate new projects opportunities in assigned region by making proactive sales calls to prospects in the market and following up with all leads generated by marketing materials to assess and meet customer needs
- Schedule qualified meetings for Regional Account Manager with prospects
- Organize and prioritize sales lead information in CRM
- Achieve, or exceed, weekly and monthly prospecting and pipeline metric goals
- Maintain up to date and relevant information on the competition
- Understand Beacon Athletics capabilities to identify possible solutions for customer needs
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 7/15/22)