Job Title: Marketing Planner-Analyst
Reports to: VP Sales | Department: MARKETING
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained the skill levels listed below:
- Business analytics background – Required 3-5 years of business analyst (or similar) experience in planning or analysis role
- Strong leadership skills. A positive presence for the organization both internally and externally.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Keen sense of business acumen
- Strong drive – a passion to quickly and accurately get answers and solve business challenges.
- A self-starter. Ability to work well both independently and with cross functional team members
- Communication Skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to dissect complex business challenges and provide analytics for solving those challenges.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proven, strong project management, organizational, and reporting skills (timelines, communication, accountability)
- Ability to collaborate cross-divisionally
- Advanced database skills – proficiency in SQL and MS Access required. Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems, Power BI or other, a plus.
- Software Applications – high-level of proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to plan and execute projects in a timely manner with time-critical deadlines
- Sense of Urgency – company success depends on timely and relevant execution
- Bachelors degree with a focus in Business, Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Data Management required (MBA preferred).
Successful behaviors for this position will include:
- Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Creativity. Bring a focus on innovation and creativity to every decision and action. Continuously look for improvement opportunities in the job, for the Department, and on behalf of the Company as a whole.
- Customer Service Mindset. Approach all working relationships from a customer service mindset. “Customers” include purchasers of Beacon Athletics products and services, and co-workers across the Company.
- Teamwork and Collaboration Share information with others to enable them to do their work well; work collaboratively when solving problems and making decisions; contribute to others’ success; provide assistance to other work areas when the need arises.
- Demonstrate Beacon Athletics Core Values and Positively Represent the Company – Demonstrate the Beacon Athletics core values in every decision/action and represent the Company in a positive manner both on and off the job.
- As an organization and as individuals, we take responsibility for, and control over, our own success – building value for the future
- Contribute meaningfully to a business that is innovative, knowledge based, and distinctive in our industry – a source of pride for us all
- Engage in conduct that is fair, open, and honest – with our customers, vendors and ourselves
- Display a commitment, as a Company and as individuals, to develop and employ all of the knowledge, skill, and experience we possess
► Position Overview
Reporting to the VP Sales, the Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the sales, marketing and operations teams with accurate and reliable analytic support. This role will develop the appropriate reporting dashboards to effectively manage the business and allow the leadership to make informed business decisions. The Business analyst will work closely with the company’s leadership team on a regular basis.
This role will become the resident expect on our CRM system when it comes to gaining access to pertinent business metrics.
This role will partner with marketing to provide reporting and decision-making capabilities for catalog mailings. This includes establishing annual marketing budget by activity segment, analyzing the performance of marketing campaigns both print and digital, proposing and executing marketing tests to build knowledge for future campaigns, oversee database design and ongoing quality controls and execute ad hoc data analysis and provide routine marketing performance reporting to the company.
While reporting into sales today, this person will work extensively with marketing, finance, and product development. (committee)
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Creating and executing the appropriate business reporting for sales, marketing, and product performance.
- Manage customer and prospect database and circulation planning. Establish sound database structure as our customer and prospect data repository, including normalized definition of customer types and contacts name and role.
- Customer Acquisition. Has primary responsibility for achieving annual customer acquisition goals. Establish budgets for each acquisition campaign. Work with Merit Direct to assemble optimal rental lists. Provide analytics and reporting of acquisition performance by campaign and source.
- Digital Marketing (working with our digital agency). Provides analysis and direction of our digital marketing activities.
- Ad hoc Analytics. Provide ad hoc analysis of customer buying activity, as needed for marketing planning and company information.
- Communication and Coordination. Lead weekly and monthly meetings to present marketing performance and future plans.
- Other duties as required/assigned to achieve the great performance outcomes.
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 04/03/2023)