Reports to: VP Finance | Department: ACCOUNTING/FINANCE
► About Beacon Athletics
Beacon Athletics is an industry-leading, nationwide manufacturer and marketer of innovative sports field and practice products. Since 1948, we have built an outstanding reputation for providing our customers access to carefully selected, high performance products and authoritative educational tools. The company continues to be a high growth business driven by expanded catalog and digital marketing and investments in proactive sales initiatives.
► Our Benefits
Beacon Athletics offers a market competitive base salary, a generous bonus plan, employer sponsored insurance plan, 401k, PTO and company holidays. Added benefits include a casual dress code, summer flex hours, a pet friendly office and an environment to grow personally and professionally.
► About You
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the competencies or have attained the skill levels listed below:
- Minimum of five years’ progressive accounting experience, strong general business acumen, and understanding of general accounting, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experienced people manager.
- Highly organized and efficient; capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a strong personal sense of urgency and driven to consistently exceed expectations. Ability to balance analytical knowledge with interpersonal interactions.
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information through excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking Skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities and services in an unpredictable environment. Work well independently.
- Technical Competency – Demonstrate the ability to learn and navigate sophisticated ERP systems. Sage 100 experience preferred. ERP implementation experience a plus.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem for root causes and develop effective solutions to serve internal team member needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Actively seeks new information and ideas to improve personal, departmental and Company processes.
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Understanding of and support of the Beacon culture.
- Microsoft Office Applications – Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel overnight 10% of the time if located between Wisconsin and Alabama.
► Position Overview
Performs a variety of accounting and finance activities to ensure that the organization complies with accounting principles, relevant laws/regulations, and reporting requirements. Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting shared services group. Provides leadership group with meaningful financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, preparing financial analysis, and financial reporting.
► Here’s what a day in the life looks like …
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions (including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes)
- Monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts (i.e., cash, AR, AP, prepaids, fixed assets, accruals) of parent and subsidiaries
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly reporting of parent and subsidiaries
- Directly oversee accounting staff as assigned
- Analysis and presentation of financial information as assigned
- Assist with the implementation of any new or acquired entities
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting for all entities and sales channels
- Drive continual process improvement in both the accounting and supporting functions
- Manage day-to-day relationships through effective personal communication and delegation to various areas within the organization when appropriate
- Develop team by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Perform other general accounting and finance duties or projects as assigned
► Our Commitment
Beacon Athletics strives to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all. We support a diverse customer base and believe in always doing good in our community. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
(Last revision: 03/23/2023)