Beacon Wood-less Backstop Pads
THE CHALLENGE: Common plywood-backed pads that are used outdoors do not hold up (they warp, crack, etc.). Mounting them is time consuming, difficult work. They’re heavy and hard to move & store, so they are often left out year round, shortening the life of the pads.
THE SOLUTION: So what’s the secret? There’s no warp-prone plywood. Common wall pads have plywood backing. That makes those pads heavy, hard to remove off-season, and prone to warping. Not only does that look bad, it creates a safety and playability issue from the awkward bounces that come with it. Beacon Wood-less Backstop Padding is 85% lighter, making them way easier to remove for the off season and keeping them warp-free without the typical built-in wood backing. Here’s how it works: Poles are set for your wall, slide-over post brackets are used to attached treated lumber planks and the Beacon Wood-less Backstop Pads are secured with a solid batten to a mounted stainless steel bracket. A smart, efficient, and long-lasting Beacon innovation.
- No plywood backing! — wood-less design eliminates warping
- 85% lighter than typical plywood-backed padding
- High-density safety foam fully enclosed in 18 oz vinyl laminate
- Adjustable stainless steel mounting brackets (works on wood, concrete or brick walls)
- Clean top edge with integrated full-length support batten
- Adjacent pads are anchored with Velcro® wall plates and sewn Velcro® on pads